Mr. Mohd Radzi Omar
National Department For Culture And Arts, Negeri Sembilan
National Department For Culture And Arts, Negeri Sembilan,
Jalan Sungai Ujong,
Negeri Sembilan Darul Khusus.
Fax : 06-7634417
Prior to operating from the Complex of Jabatan Kebudayaan dan Kesenian Negara Negeri Sembilan (JKKN NS), the Department was located at Level 5 of Wisma Persekutuan from 1995 and later moved to Wisma Arab Malaysian in Jalan Tuanku Munawir in 1998. In 2005, it moved to its own premises, namely the JKKN Negeri Sembilan.
The JKKN Negeri Sembilan now under the Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia (KPK) is located in Jalan Sungai Ujong, Seremban adjacent to the Negeri Sembilan State Museum Board building.
The design of the complex was inspired by the traditional Minangkabau house which has curving and pointed roof structure. The form of the porch is that of the traditional Malay house and it incorporates the motif of the traditional Malay house verandah.
- Conducting research and development programs, documentation and publishing, cultural products development, culture and arts development, enhancement and promotion, production and artistic development, as well as providing guidance on culture and arts.
- Building a network of cooperation with cultural industry players, government and private sector agencies, NGOs and cultural activists from here and abroad.
- Providing a platform for artists engaging in the arts and culture as an economic activity.
- Strengthening suitable cultural arts activities as tourist attractions in the country and abroad.
- Enhancing the effectiveness of JKKN’s role through 14 state JKKN.
- Resource Centre for Arts and Culture
- Sales of JKKN publications (arts and culture books and CDs)
- Art gallery
- Listing and registration of NGOs
- Information on the Department’s performing arts groups (KKJ)
- Arts Guidance Scheme
- Advisory services relating to arts and culture
Regular performances of "Serlahan Seni"
- Weekend performances of dances from this and other states by the Department’s performing arts groups
- From March to November, four times a month, every Saturday from 2 - 4 pm
- At the JKKN NS Complex (twice), Prima Shopping Complex Seremban (once) and Mydin Shopping Complex Seremban 2 (once)
Jom Belajar Seni Budaya (Let’s Learn about Arts and Culture)
- Dance, music, theatre, painting and language lessons are provided free for all
- From March to November, four times a month, every Saturday, 9 am - 12 pm
- At the JKKN NS Complex
Sales of JKKN publications
- Books and CDs on culture and arts published by the Department for Culture and Arts
Cultural Arts Gallery
- Reference centre for information and cultural artifacts
- Open any time during working hours
- D'Sury Auditorium - capacity 500 people
- Raja Melewar Audiotorium - capacity 300 people
- Za'aba Seminar Hall - capacity 300 people
- Dance studio
- Music studio - recording
- Recreational area
- Toilet / Disabled toilet
- Parking lot
- Meeting room
- D’Sury Auditorium multipurpose space
- Top spinning court
- Visitors can use public transport services such as Taxi service from the Town Taxi Station, Jalan Sungai Ujong, Stage bus service from Terminal 1 to Seremban 2 through route T54 and Commuter train service in Jalan Tuanku Antah Train Station, Seremban.
Kompleks Jabatan Kebudayaan dan Kesenian Negara, Negeri Sembilan
Ruang Auditorium D'Sury
Ruang Auditorium Raja Melewar