Mr. Jasmi Rasit
National Department For Culture And Arts, Kelantan,
Lot 1993, Section 49, Tanjong Chat,
15200 Kota Bharu,
Kelantan Darul Naim.
Fax : 09-7417004
National Department of Culture and Arts, Kelantan is the infrastructure for Cultural activities. It’s built to helps the arts and culture players and local communities to bring together of art and culture in Kelantan. It’s functional to achieve the regularly objectives planning and in line with the 1Malaysia concept.
This Complex has started construction on September 14th, 2006 and was completed on May 19th, 2010 on measuring land 6.6 acres in Lot 1993, Section 49 of the Tanjong Chat, Kota Bharu, Kelantan.
Its Located 2Km from Kota Bharu Kelantan and opposite with Tengku Anis recreation municipal park, Kota Bharu.This construction is through the provision of 9th Malaysia Plan and the 10th complex of Culture and Arts Department was built under the supervision of the Ministry of Culture, Arts and Tourism Malaysia at the time.
This Complex is the largest and most sophisticated in the country, it’s proving to the people that the government has never neglected the development of the state Cik Siti Wan Kembang, even it be given priority and this infrastructure is to support the arts and culture –based tourism industry.
Function / Role
- Planning, coordinating, implementing cultural and arts activities throughout Malaysia.
- Planning and disseminating information on culture and arts.
- Coordinating, planning, carrying out research and development on creative industry product.
- Improving networking with government agencies, private sector, and NGO’s (local & international).
- Providing advisory services and expertise in culture and arts fields.
- Providing guidelines and training in culture and arts fields.
- Art Gallery of JKKN Kelantan established in 2015 and was officiated by Datuk NorlizaRofli, Director General ,National Depeartment of Culture and Arts (JKKN) on June 12th 2015. This Gallery is located under Administrion Block. Variouse information about traditional arts of Kelantan was displays as Mak Yong, Menora, Wayang Kulit, Gasing and traditional instruments such as Kertuk and Rebana Ubi
- JKKN Kelantan Resource Centre for Arts and Culture gathers reference material to support researches made by staff at JKKN Kelantan. It can also be accessed by any arts and culture researchers, university or school students as well collection in this resource centre include reference materials publish by JKKN Headquarters and others source such as books, CD, VCD, magazine, reports and working papers/research paper.This Resources centre can be visited every Sunday – Thursday from 8.30 am until 4.00 pm.
Arts Group of JKKN Kelantan & Mak Yong Kijang Emas Group
- Arts Group of JKKN Kelantan was founded in 2011, after the establishment of the art department in all state created in 2011. This group was absorbed from Mak Yong Kijang Emas group which started in 2005 under the guidance of the Mak Yong Apprenticeship Programme. The group consist of 20 person contract artists for dancers and musicians. This group capable of performing Mak Yong and variety of dance, music and often invited to perform include promotion activities through arts and culture in Kelantan and abroad.
- Festival Tari Negeri
- Program Merakyatkan Seni dan Budaya (PMS)
- Culture & Arts Guidance Programme (Primary & Secondary School)
- Performing Arts “ de’ Pentas”
- Serlahan Budi
- Cultural Volunteers( Mac- September 2016)
- Arts Bazaar 2016
- Entrepreneurial Innovation Lab For Arts Product
- Main Meeting Room
- Seminar Room
- VIP Guest Room
- Prayer Room
- Dance Studio
- Theatre Studio
- Music Studio
- Open Stage
- Auditorium Block
- Capacity: 835 person
- Parking Lots
- Pusat Bandar Kota Bharu
- Lapangan Terbang Sultan Ismail Petra
- Taman Perbandaran Tengku Anis
- The visitors can use services such as rail transport, public bus, taxi/car rental from city centre to JKKN Kelantan Complex with rates RM 1.40-RM 15.00.
Kompleks Jabatan Kebudayaan dan Kesenian Negara, Kelantan
Bilik Mesyuarat Utama
Galeri Seni Budaya