Noor Seela Binti Noor Sulaiman
National Department For Culture And arts, Sarawak
Level 5, Bangunan Sultan Iskandar,
Jalan Simpang Tiga,
Tel: 082-422 006
Fax : 082-244 394
The National Department for Culture and Arts of Sarawak (Sarawak JKKN), which is better known as a government department that is responsible in implementing arts and culture activities in Sarawak. The establishment of this department is to foster affection for arts and culture activities by the people of Sarawak by organizing activities at selected locations and ensuring the participation of multiracial society.
The formulation and implementation of National Culture Policy is needed for a developing Malaysia and having a multiracial society that practices different cultures. This policy is able to become a guideline in forming and creating a nation that is united and maintaining the nation’s identity at the international level.
However, the implementation of this policy is a complicated process and cannot be achieved in a short period of time. A broad awareness and understanding will be able to help in achieving the hopes and aspirations of the implementation of this policy as only this epiphany can eradicate tribal and racial cultural differences. Culture which is fostered will design common features that goes beyond tribal boundaries and exudes Malaysian national characteristics by itself as an independent and proud nation.
- To implement research and development, documentation and publishing, cultural arts coaching, skilled human capital development in cultural arts field, expanding cultural arts, enhancing cultural arts, artistic and production development, and cultural arts promotional programmes;
- Building effective networking between cultural arts industry players, Government agencies, Private sectors, Non-Government Organizations and cultural arts activists locally and internationally;
- Providing platform for arts activists involved in economic field through cultural arts activities;
- Strengthening cultural and arts activities that are appropriate to become domestic and international tourist attractions; AND
- Optimizing States JKKN organizational functions.
- Persembahan kesenian
- Pemasaran produk seni tempatan
- Memberi khidmat nasihat kepada pertubuhan-pertubuhan kebudayaan tempatan